40th Judicial Circuit Court of Newton County Missouri

40th Judicial Circuit Court of Newton County Missouri

Where is the Newton County Circuit Court?

The address for the Newton County Circuit Court is:

123 E Main St.,

Neosho, MO 64850

When Is the Newton County Circuit Court Open?

It is important that individuals come to court on their court date. Failure to show up for an assigned court date, even for a traffic ticket, may result in a warrant for arrest. If an individual is unable to make a court date they should contact the court in-person or by phone.

Monday – Friday

8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

(417) 451-8210

A good place to check for case information is https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet

What Type of Cases Does the Newton County Court Handle?

Newton County is the 40th Judicial Circuit of the State of Missouri. Newton County Courthouse handles cases where an individual is accused of violating the Missouri Revised Statutes and Newton County Municipal Code. The Newton County Court handles felonies, misdemeanors and infractions that take place within the court’s jurisdiction of Newton County. This Court handles many matters related to traffic offenses including:

What Type of Cases Does the Newton County Court Handle

  • All levels of driving while intoxicated/under the influence (DWI/DUI).
  • Speeding tickets
  • Careless and imprudent driving tickets
  • Driving while suspended
  • Driving without a valid license
  • Leaving the scene of an accident
  • Other miscellaneous traffic tickets.

Traffic Tickets usually will have the Court Date on the Ticket, but oftentimes that date can be wrong.

When you were issued your traffic ticket a court date was provided by the officer. It is always advisable to check prior to that court date to ensure your ticket has been filed with the courts. You can access Newton  County court information on Missouri Casenet here: https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet

First, select Newton County Judicial Circuit from the field titled “Search For Cases In” and enter your name as shown on your ticket. Next, in the field “Year Case was Filed”, enter the year your ticket was issued and then click “Find”. If you cannot locate your case, please contact our office at (417) 451-8210 If you do not have access to Case.net, please feel free to call the courthouse or a traffic ticket attorney can handle this for you.

Can an Individual Avoid Going to Court in Newton County?

An individual can hire an attorney to take care of their matter. In some situations the Newton County Court will excuse an individual’s personal appearance when charged with a traffic ticket if they have an attorney representing them. It is important to check with the attorney handling the case because every case is different on whether a person’s appearance is required or not.

Second, you may be able to go to the court during normal business hours and enter a plea of guilty. It is important that a plea of guilty could result in points and a conviction on a criminal record. It is important to remember that traffic tickets can have collateral consequences and it is never a bad idea to consult with a traffic attorney.

Some offenses require personal appearance or an attorney to appear on the defendant’s behalf.

How Do I Get an Extension on My Fines, Costs and/or Programs?

Any extension must be approved by the Judge and will often require a court appearance. To request extensions, call or visit the Circuit Clerk’s Office.

*Please note that if your costs are in collections, you will not be able to request an extension on cost.

The Following Municipal Courts are within the jurisdiction of the 46th Judicial Circuit in Newton County:

Diamond Municipal Court

301 E Market St.,

Diamond, MO 64840

Phone: (417) 325-4220

Fairview Municipal Court

123 E Main St., ​

Neosho, MO 64850

Phone: (417) 632-4318

Granby Municipal Court

308 N Main St.,

Granby, MO 64844

Phone: (417) 472-6556

Neosho Municipal Court

203 E Main St.,

Neosho, MO 64850

Phone: (417) 451-8007

Seneca Municipal Court

1303 Cherokee Ave.,

Seneca, MO 64865

Phone: (417) 776-2723